The New York Times has been a leader in experimenting with the inclusion of multimedia content in traditional stories. That creates all kinds of interesting position questions.
In this project, your assignment is to copy this article from newscientist
You can use any or all of the positioning techniques you’ve learned in this section. The modern way would be to use Flexbox or Grid. There are certain times where Flexbox and Grid can’t achieve the layout you want, knowing floats and other positioning techniques is valuable practice and you should try and use a combination of techniques for this project.
- Go to the article from newscientist in question and have a look around.
- Follow the instructions atop the Recipes project to set up a GitHub repository for this project (of course you’ll need to change the title).
- Create a new HTML document.
- Think about all the elements on the page and how they are grouped together.
- Lay out the basic structure of the page using empty semantic HTML elements that are appropriately sized and positioned. You may want to make their background colors different so you can see them. Don’t forget to use your browser’s developer tools (right click on the page, click “Inspect Element”)!
- Set up the top navigation bar (again, don’t worry about making it change when you scroll down the page). How can you get it to stick to the top of the page as you scroll down?
- Fill in and position the additional sections. Don’t worry about enclosing every paragraph of text in
- Push your solution to GitHub.
This section contains helpful links to other content. It isn’t required, so consider it supplemental.