Project: Manipulating the DOM with jQuery
- Set up a Github Repo for this project. Follow the instructions atop the Google Homepage project if you need help.
- Set up a blank HTML document with just the
<body> tags to begin with plus a single div called
<div id="content">. Also, remember to include the jQuery library in your document within the ''.
- Go into the console (remember the developer tools at the bottom of your browser?) and manually use jQuery to add an image tag to the content div (just choose a random Internet image). Remember that you can use the up arrow in the console to access your previous command. Look at the jQuery docs for the .append() function for inspiration.
- Create a bare-bones home page for a restaurant. Include an image, headline, and some copy about how wonderful the restaurant is. It's okay to hard-code these into the HTML for now just to see how they look on the page.
- Now remove those elements from the HTML (so leave only the
div#content once the page is first loaded.
- Push your project to Github and share the solution below.
Submit a link below to the github repo with your files in it by using a pull request. See the section on Contributing for how. Please include your partner's github handle somewhere in the description if you had one and they would like attribution.
This section contains helpful links to other content. It isn't required, so consider it supplemental for if you need to dive deeper into something