Links are the glue holding the web together, so make sure you understand how to properly link to external websites AND internal files.
Points to Ponder
- What's the difference between internal links (/somepage) and external links (http://www.somesite.com/somepage)?
- When on a webpage should you use the full URI (with the
http://yoursite.com/somepath) and when should you use the relative path (
- How do you navigate the document tree with links (../../someotherpage)?
- How do you open links in external windows?
- What are all the possible pseudo-states (e.g.
:hover) of a link and when are they actually activated? How do you change styles based on them?
- Read Lena Shore's explanation of the difference between absolute and relative paths.
- Browse Boogie Jack's article on link paths.
- Read Six Revisions' article on link pseudo-classes .
This section contains helpful links to other content. It isn't required, so consider it supplemental for if you need to dive deeper into something